Friday, October 22, 2010

I drink your blog! I drink it up! Hoo Ha!

So... anyway. I've done a horrible, horrible thing. I lived at my boyfriends house for like 4-6 weeks. And then, I didn't blog for ... well... a lot of time. So here is a list of all the movies I've seen between the last list and now. I shall rant on some. And pick some favourite.

... I am currently watching Karate Kid for the first time ever ... why are the 12 year olds having an intense karate fight on the beach. Who would they do that? 12 year olds are idiots.

Ice Age 3.

I Know What You Did Last Summer.

Star Trek.

Der Untergang (the Downfall).

Dogma.

The Frog Princess.

Milk.

Adaptation.

Inception.

Shutter Island.

Raging Bull.

Good Will Hunting.

Lost in La Mancha.

The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus.

Scott Pilgrim vs The World.

The Prestige.

Predator.

Knight and Day.

Predators.

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

Chaplin.

... Now they are fighting people during a soccer game. If I were this kid, I think I'd be inspired to take up some form of disciplined combat... possibly. Anyways:

Highlander.

Dazed and Confused.

Scent of a Woman.

Primer.

Get Shorty.

Moonstruck.

Young Frankenstein.

National Lampoons Animal House.

It's Complicated.

Frost Nixon.

There Will Be Blood.

Tarzan (Disney's).

... Now they are fighting on motorbikes. For some reason Daniel hates California.

Now I shall rant. Given that my list has no order. NEITHER WILL I, BITCH.

LAUGHS: Firstly, American movie lists. Please STOP lying to me. Caddyshack was NOT funny. Animal House is NOT funny. It was possibly snigger worthy. And it was still better than Caddyshack. Young Frankenstein – that shit is funny – actual laugh-out-loud funny. Mel Brooks (Young Frankenstein director), I’ve always loved you. Scott Pilgrim VS The World – also funny.

TEARS: Disney (Tarzan) (Princess and the Frog). Stop killing cartoon animals. I’m seriously running out of tears.

ACTING: CHER (Moonstruck)! You gorgeous lady. Totes didn’t know you could act. Fab surprise for me! ROBIN WILLIAMS (Good Will Hunting)! He really is fabulous in that movie. My theory is that comedically inclined people will forever give the greatest dramatic performances by average. KEIREN CULKIN (Scott Pilgrim vs The World)! Please do more comedy. HUGH JACKMAN (The Prestige)! Perfect, simply perfect. Best cast actor ever. DE NIRO AND PESCI (Raging Bull)! You are De Niro and Pesci, you are inherently good at acting. AL PACINO (Scent of a Woman)! Hoo Haa! DANIEL DAY-LEWIS (There Will Be Blood)! I was told you were good, but never have I believed a man had drank another man’s milkshake than when you acted it. ROBERT DOWNEY JR (Chaplin)! Or was it actually Chaplin? I couldn’t tell. FRANK LANGELLA (Frost/Nixon)! Or was it actually Nixon? I couldn’t tell. NICHOLAS CAGE…

NICHOLAS CAGE: Dude. Dude. Dude… I’ve been way harsh on you in the past. You can act! Like… really well (Adaptation). Also. You were hot! (Moonstruck). I humbly apologise. P.S. I still hate John Cusack. Just thought I’d mention it.

YOU LET ME DOWN, YOU LET ME DOWN REAL BAD: Shutter Island! Your ending was predictable. I am not a detective. And I guessed it. You are lucky you had good costumes. And Boston accents. Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus! What the hell was that? Seriously? Highlander. You made me watch dudes with swords for over an hour. Also you made me get ‘Who Wants to Live Forever’ by Queen stuck in my head, which made me get mocked.

COOL: John Travolta (Get Shorty). You are cool. Defined. Predator alien (Predator). So are you. Please don’t kill me.

… Now they are Halloween fighting Daniel…. WHY IS CALIFORNIA SO DANGEROUS FOR 12 YEAR OLDS… The old Japan dude is kung fuing!

MY BRAIN, OW MY BRAIN!: Primer. One day, maybe I will understand you.

WOW: Inception.

Thankyou for making it this far.

List of favourites:

5. Good Will Hunting.

4. Scent of a Woman.

3. Raging Bull – IT’S A PERSONAL THING, DON’T JUDGE ME. … You fuck my wife?!

2. The Prestige.

1. Inception.

I will probably like raging Bull in time.

Until then, Chris Nolan (director – The Prestige, Inception) – you are a god.

… And so I leave, during wax on-wax off scene. I believe wax off follows wax on.

No comments:

Post a Comment